How To Conduct an Accident Investigation
The Legal Stuff:
- Under Section 25 (2)(c) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, it states that "An employer shall ensure that when appointing a supervisor, appoint a competent person" Section 25(2)(a) says that employers are required to "provide instruction and supervision to a worker to protect the health or safety of the worker"
- Section 51 and 52 of OHSA, discusses what employers are required to do in the event of serious accidents at the workplace.
- WSIB WorkWell audit section 2.1(c) and 6.1(h) both require the employer to demonstrate that they have provided training to supervisors.
Course Content / Elements Covered:
- This program goes through the 6 steps in an effective Accident Investigation to determine the Root Causes of the accident.
- Participants will investigate a mock accident
- A review of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and what it says is required for notification.