Supervisor Health, Safety & the Law
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE "OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS"
- Under Section 25 (2)(c) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, it states that "An employer shall ensure that when appointing a supervisor, appoint a competent person
- Section 25(2)(a) says that employers are required to "provide instruction and supervision to a worker to protect the health or safety of the worker"
- Section 25 (2)(h) states that an employer “take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of workers.
- WSIB WorkWell audit section 2.1(c) and 6.1(h) both require the employer to demonstrate that they have provided training to supervisors.
Participants will receive training in the following elements:
- Changes to Occupational Health and Safety in Ontario
- Benefits of a Health and Safety Program, Policies & Safe Work Instructions
- How to read and understand the Act and its related regulations
- Duties and Responsibilities of Employers, Supervisors and Workers
- The Role of the Ministry of Labour and its Inspectors
- Accident Investigations and Workplace Safety Inspections